"Profit from the Core provides original and actionable tools to attack the difficult issues around profitable growth. The wealth of practical examples gives me confidence that these approaches are effective."
- Tronchetti Provera, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pirelli SpA
"This back-to-basics book couldn't have come at a better time for CEOs and managers of 'old economy' and 'new economy' companies looking for growth. Their focus should be on expanding and innovating in and around their core business, rather than on chasing whatever the capital markets view as the current hot business model."
- Brook Byers, Venture Capitalist, Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers
"Anyone who has built a successful business knows that these core business concepts are central to sound strategy. Core business theory and value creation are inseparable twins."
- James L. Vincent, Chairman of the Board, Biogen, Inc.
"The authors make a compelling argument for sustainable, profitable growth. They bring a refreshing approach to corporate strategy, arguing that the job of CEO isn't to adopt the latest fad du jour from business gurus, but rather to focus on creating a winning business."
- Mark Wossner, Former President and CEO of Bertelsmann AG
"Striking the right balance between focusing on your core business and expanding into new areas has never been more challenging. Zook and Allen provide extremely helpful tools, frameworks and case studies for navigating strategic choices in a turbulent business environment."
- Debra Dunn, Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Operations, Hewlett-Packard
"Zook and Allen remind us that, in the long run, very few companies achieve sustained and profitable growth. To make yours one of them, heed these lessons."
- David S. Pottruck, President and Co-CEO, The Charles Schwab Corporation